The Fundamentals of Happiness
- Know that if you do not live within the scope of today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your worrying will increase- theses realities explain the hadith:
“When you are in the morning, do not except to see the evening, and when you are in the evening, do not except to see the morning.”
- Forget the past and all that it contained. Being absorbed in things that are one is sheer lunacy.
- Do not be preoccupied with the future. Because the future is in the world of the unseen, do not let it bother you until it comes.
- Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. And know that, in proportion to your worth, the level of people’s criticism rises.
- Faith in Allah and good deeds: these are ingredients that make up a good and happy life.
- Whoever desires peace, tranquility, and comfort can find it all in the remembrance Allah.
- You should know with certainly that everything that happens occurs in accordance with a divine decree.
- Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
- Train yourself to be ready and prepared for the worst eventuality.
- Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest ( though you may not comprehend how that is so)
- Everything that is decreed for the Muslim is best for him.
- Enumerate the blessing of Allah be thankful for them.
- You are better off than many others
- Relief comes for one hour to the next.
- In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to supplication and prayer
- Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook in a positive sense
- Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.
- Do not let trifles be the cause of your destruction
- Indeed, your Lord is Often Forgiving.
- Do not be angry…Do not be angry.. Do not be angry.
- Life is bread, water, and shade; so don not be perturbed by a lack of any other material things.
- Most evil that is supposed to happen never occurs.
- Look at those who are afflicted and be thankful
- When Allah loves a people, He makes them endure trials.
- You should constantly repeat those supplications that the Prophet taught us to say during times of hardship.
- Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.
- Don’t spread rumors and don’t listen to them. If you hear a rumor inadvertently, then don’t believe it.
- Your malice and your striving to seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.
- The hardship that befall you atone for your sins.
- And always be forgivining.
- Do not be harshful on weak people and always hear your brother or sister excuses.
- Do not be an active of accusation but be a vicitim.
- Do what you want to do and not listen to the ones that want to destroy you
Will post the source soon* inshaa’Allah