Allah said in Surah Al-Furqan ayah 61-77 what is translated to mean:
61. Blessed be He Who has placed in the heaven big stars, and has placed therein a great lamp (sun), and a moon giving light.
62. And He it is Who has put the night and the day in succession, for such who desires to remember or desires to show his gratitude.
63. And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.
65. And those who say: “Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment.”
67. And those, who, when they spend, are neither extravagant nor niggardly, but hold a medium (way) between those (extremes).
68. And those who invoke not any other deity along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor have illegal sexual relations and whoever does this shall be met with his punishment.
69. The torment will be doubled for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;
70. Except those who repent and believe correctly, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
71. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allah with true repentance.
72. And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil talk, they pass by it with dignity.
73. And those who, when they are reminded of the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind there at.
74. And those who say: “Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the pious ones.
75. Those will be rewarded with the highest place (in Paradise) because of their patience. Therein they shall be met with greetings and the word of peace and respect.
77. Say: My lord pays attention to you only because of your worship to Him. But now you have indeed denied (Him). So the torment will be yours for ever
Ponder with me, May Allah protect and nurture you , over these blessed verses and what they contain from the attributes of the believers and ponder over the fact that Allah began with His saying:
“And the slaves of the Most Beneficent”
THE FIRST ATTRIBUTE-
The Slaves Of Allaah
Indeed, the greatest attribute of the believers, rather even the Prophets and Messengers is that they are slaves of Allaah. Indeed, Allaah honored them when He called them slaves of the Most Beneficent just as Allaah honoured His slaves and Messenger ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) in His saying:
“Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allaah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him], Who took His slave for a journey by night from Al-Masjid-Al-Haraam (at Makkah to the farthest mosque (in Jerusalem)”. Soorah Al-Isra:1
Allaah said regarding Prophet ‘Isa (May Allaah protect him):
“The Messiah does by no means disdain that he should be a servant of Allaah, nor do the Angels who are near to Him”.
The Messenger of Allaah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said:
“Do not praise me just as the Christians over praised (‘Isa) the son of Maryam, Indeed I am His slave, so say slave of Allaah and His Messenger”
Saheeh Al-Bukhari (3445)
So where Allaah referred to His slaves as being His slaves then it shows that Allaah honoured them. This is why Allaah enlightened the slaves of The Beneficent with these attributes (that follow).
More Attributes to follow inshaa’ Allaah
Taken from 15 Attributes of Slaves of the Most Beneficent by Shaykh Dr. Saalih Ibn Sa’d As-Suhaymee
Teacher in the Prophet’s Mosque and Da’wah centre in Madinah
Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah