This is a time management technique that works really well. It may sometimes be referred to as “interval training.” I mostly use it during Finals Week, but I wish to use it all the time because of how effective it is in terms of completing tasks and not wasting time.
Here is a basic description:
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Like many things, this can be altered to suit you. For example, you may want to set the timer differently depending on your task.
You can use it this Ramadan. It will allow you to block out periods of time that you are devoting just to Qur’an Recitation, Homework, or Morning Adhkar, or Preparing Iftaar, etc.